Common gynaecological conditions I manage include:
- Endometriosis and pelvic pain
- Menstrual disorders – including polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Abnormal cervical screening
- Contraception counselling – including insertion and removal of intra-uterine device
- Fertility issues and pre-conception counselling
- Early pregnancy problems and ectopic pregnancy
- Vulval dermatoses – including lichen sclerosis/ chronic thrush
- Sexual dysfunction – including vaginismus and vulvodynia
- Menopausal symptoms – including HRT/ alternatives and bleeding after menopause
- Urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
If you have any other concerns, please contact me to discuss.
You will have a treatment plan that is customised to your unique health requirements. This might involve:
- Hysteroscopy – minimally invasive surgery to examine the inside of the uterus in cases of heavy periods/ abnormal vaginal bleeding/ bleeding after menopause/ miscarriage/ uterine polyps.
- Laparoscopy – key-hole surgery to treat endometriosis/ pelvic pain/ ovarian cysts/ fibroids/ ectopic pregnancy/ hysterectomy.
- Colposcopy – microscopic assessment of the cervix to investigate an abnormal cervical screen test (previously known as pap smear)
- Vaginal surgery – to treat pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence